OFFICE OF THE ELECTORAL COMMISSIONER (OEC)
You must check this box before you can view your voting information.
1. The 'ARE YOU REGISTERED AS AN ELECTOR' search facility is intended for use by the individual elector to determine his or her elector registration status and other
information related to voting. All search results are published in good faith and for general information purpose only. While the Office of the Electoral Commissioner has
taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by the search facility, it can however give no warranty regarding the accuracy, reliability,
completeness or timeliness of any information published as search results. Hence The Office of the Electoral Commissioner, its officers and employees accept no liability for any losses
or damages(whether direct, indirect, special, consequential or otherwise) arising out of errors or omissions contained in the search result(s).
2. The 'ARE YOU REGISTERED AS AN ELECTOR' search facility provides an electronic search of data extracted from The Office of
the Electoral Commissioner's voters registration database. It does NOT in itself grant you an automatic right to vote.
3. Misuse of information other than that related to you as the elector may subject you to criminal prosecution or civil liability.
4. The Office of the Electoral Commissioner shall not be liable for distortion or unavailability of data arising from any technical
fault including transmission errors, technical defects, interruptions, third party intervention or viruses.
5. The Office of the Electoral Commissioner reserves the right to update, add, amend, removed, replace or change any part of
its website content, including but not limited to functionality and navigation at any time without prior notice.
1. In case your particulars are not accurate, please immediately contact our Helpline on 8002010.
2. Misuse of information other than that related to you as the elector may subject you to criminal prosecution or civil liability.
3. The 'ARE YOU REGISTERED AS AN ELECTOR' search facility provides an electronic search of data extracted from The Office of the
Electoral Commissioner's voters registration database. It does NOT in itself grant you an automatic right to vote.
Section 42 of the Constitution stipulates that a person shall be qualified to be registered as an elector if:
he is a Commonwealth citizen of not less than 18 years of age.
either he has resided in Mauritius for a period of not less than 2 years immediately before the 1st January of the year
in which he is seeking registration or he is domiciled in Mauritius and is a resident therein on the prescribed date.
A house to house enquiry is usually effected in January/February every year, when you can do so.
If you have failed to register during that period, you may still do so after the provisional registers of electors are published.
The relevant dates and other details are widely publicised in the press and on radio and TV at the appropriate times.
It is advisable to produce your National Identity Card or in default
your Birth Certificate or Passport and a Utility Bill.
Only those persons whose names appear in the register of electors.
Section 75(1) of the Representation of the People Act stipulates:-
"No person shall be entitled to vote at an election for any electoral area unless
his name is on the register of electors in force for that electoral area."
Your particulars have been successfully submitted.
For any additional information, you may call on
8002010 between 9am to 4pm.